My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Monday, February 20, 2006

Coughing

So this nasty cough is really putting a damper on my mood. My doctor called in some cough syrup with codeine so I could sleep, but I still woke up through the night coughing. Ug! Sometimes when I cough I can feel it in the abdomen, and then I really freak that stitches are broken and the cervix is wide open to the world! In my calmer moments, I realize that this is probably totally untrue and maybe even impossible at my mere 13 weeks of pregnancy. That's how my mind works. Fun, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

I hope your cough goes away--I am feeling the same way; if I move too quickly and feel a little pang, I am sure "that's it; ripped the stitch", but I've been assured its almost impossible to rip them once they're in!

Take it easy! Are you on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy? Best of luck to you!

7:39 PM  
Blogger KMW said...

Thanks for the encouragment. So glad you are in the home stretch. I am hoping that my bedrest modify's quite a bit after this first week of recovery after the cerclage because I can't imagine 6 months of this!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello KWB,

I live in SF also and recently had a rescue cerclage which failed. I can't tell you how much your blog has given me hope for a preventative cerclage and a healthy baby.

Congratulations on your newborn!!! I would like to speak with you live, or via email, to hear of your peri team. I know how hectic the first few months are. So perhaps sometime in the future.

Again, although I don't know you, you're post has made my day.

CC

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home