My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bedrest Blues

I am very bad at bedrest. I don't like lying down all day, and then trying to go to sleep after lying down all day. It is more than a bit depressing. Tomorrow we have our follow-up ultrasound and doctor's appointment since the big procedure, and I am nervous and also anxiously awaiting to hear that everything looks great so I can get off my ass! I just don't have a good personality for bedrest. I usually am very active, coping with stress by taking a walk, going for a run, a yoga class, whatever. Now I am stressed and my coping mechanisms are unavailable since I can't even go for a walk around the block! Unfortunately, my perinatologist has taken me out of work for the remainder of the pregnancy. I work in a hospital and am on my feet a lot, I don't have the kind of job that allows me to sit down most of the day. But please, will I be able to go outside? Have a picnic? I think if I were towards the end of pregnancy, this wouldn't feel so hard. But every time I get discouraged, I think, wow, another 6 months to go! It seems too long to imagine. Still, my prognosis for some more activity is good, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

hope your follow up appointment went well. I'm not good at the bedrest thing, either. Same reasons as you. Some days are better than others, though, I promise! Take care!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home