My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Friday, February 24, 2006

Good News

We had a very positive follow-up marking our first week after surgery! The ultrasound shows that the stitches look good, and my cervix is a whopping 3.8 centimeters long! This is great, but I am only 14 weeks pregnant, so the danger period is yet to come. Baby looks good, growing strong. Damn. I am attached now. I don't know how we would bear another loss at this stage. How can I not be attached with all these ultrasounds showing the little thing moving around?

It's amazing how rejuvenating that one positive doctor's visit is for me. The blue sky! The outdoors!There are all these people in the world just...LIVING. The only negative part of any of this is that I am still on pretty strict bedrest until my once-a-day-that-you-can-barely-see-at-all spotting is completely gone. HOWEVER, once I go two full days without this daily annoyance, I am allowed on some "excursions" to, perhaps, a restaurant! Or, a movie!! Or, maybe even a friend’s house. My doc has a conservative reputation, but after losing the twins, we'll do what she wants us to do. I am happy to report that without too much of an alteration in my daily activity (I can also sit up!) I feel soooo much better. Next cervical check is at 16 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home