My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Monday, February 27, 2006

This is my life and I am fine with it

I am really starting to feel better, even though nothing has changed. I found out that since my daily bleeding is always sort of rusty "old blood" no one is very concerned about it. I spoke with a nurse today who said that it is common to have blood from when they put in the stitches that needs to come out. And since I received two stitches and therefore got twice the procedure, there might be a bit more up there. Still, they always have a lot of questions about "what kind of blood" and clearly new bright red blood is not a good thing. I would like no blood at all. Every morning when I am up and about a bit, taking a shower, brushing teeth and generally being on my feet for 20 to 30 minutes, I get this little bit of spotting. I guess its gravity doing its job. Maybe I should cheat and just be on my feet until the blood is gone! I mean, right now, when I bleed, I am supposed to sit down immediately. How will I ever get up if I stop this process? I don't know though. I'm not really a cheater. The good news: I am feeling more able to manage the day on bedrest, and I just have to think this cannot last forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home