My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm Still Cooking

I woke up yesterday morning with some nice contractions. It was 4am. I was so psyched. I thought the time had come, it echoed my experience with Quinn so nicely. But no. They didn't last.

We went to a movie last night. Same deal. I had some good activity beforehand and while they weren't regular, I had about 5 good and somewhat painful contractions. None of them were more than 25 minutes apart. They stopped, too.

I woke up today with no apparent activity in my uterus (not including the movement of little baby girl).

Poop.

OK, how much of a baby can I be? Did I just write "poop"?

I'm going upstairs to clean out the changing table.

6 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Ugh. Doesn't it kind of suck to go full term after spending an entire pregnancy expecting some earlier action? I hope you don't have to wait much longer!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I contracted all over the damn place for weeks. Then poof -- my water broke with nary a contraction in sight. Hang in there!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Monica H said...

Darn it- I hope she comes soon.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi KMW! i don't think i've commented on your blog before--i checked in today just to see how you are doing. i'm thinking of you and sending you a lot of good thoughts! can't wait to hear the news. hang in there...i know these last weeks can be tough.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

here's hoping your timer pops up asap!

6:40 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

The irony of the full term incompetent cervix...it's maddening, in a good way (I guess, right?) LOL

I hope she shows up soon!!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home