My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Monday, February 25, 2008

I Can't Handle the Truth

My big brother arrived back from Europe! He is back in the Bay Area to stay and I am no longer the lone West coaster of my family. He landed with a new family member, just 4 months old.

Little Q and I went to visit his new cousin. At first he was very into her, smiling and gently touching her. But then I decided to help out and feed her a bottle. He pushed at her little body. He slapped my thigh and looked at me. He eventually dissolved into tears, inconsolably whining "Mooommy! Mommmy! Mommy!" as he pushed at her again.

I told him in no uncertain terms that we do not push and hit and that I am feeding his cousin and will continue to do so for one more minute. I finished giving her the bottle (one more minute's worth). Then I gave him a hug.

My brother and sister-in-law didn't know that their new kid would be used in this experiment. They looked a little stunned, but overall seemed to be okay with it.

What have we gotten ourselves into?

3 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Oh, we've got some of that going on around here, too. The fun, it never stops!!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

We need to get in on one of those experiments!! I'm really curious as to what D would/will do. That's great that your brother is back in town.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Susan P. said...

found your blog a few weeks ago.
Am pregnant with 2nd baby (33weeks). First time around had emergency cerclage at 20 weeks and delivered at 31weeks. Now 23 months, my son is amazing and won't know what hits him when his little brother arrives (hopefully at 40 weeks).
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home