My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Removal

My husband read my last post, and rather than tell me how sorry he felt for me and empathize with my situation--of which he is intimately involved--he said, "Aren't you going to write about the fact that your cerclage is coming out on Monday?" I replied a little wounded, that my cerclage removal wasn't what was "coming up" during last post's process. He responded, again, quite unsympathetically, "But your blog is called 'My Cerclage.'” Really. It’s as if that tidbit were enough to guilt me into actually writing about…well…about my cerclage.

The husband is right that I should post about this considering that removal is more intensive than last time. Dr. C made an incision to get it in, and it will be a minor surgery again to get it out. I'm having a spinal. Yuck. I hate that damn needle in my back. When we discussed it and I said as much, Dr.C, in his usual humble mode, pointed out that I can't have it both ways, "You don't get a stitch up to your ears and then think that you can take it out snip, snip." In fact, Dr. C says there is a chance he won't be able to get it out at all. That's another story, of which I won't bother telling unless I have too.

In other news, I am relieved to announce that I am blogging from my home after moving back today. There is STILL work to be done and we will remain in a bit of camping out status for a week or so, but being in my own bed is so sweet, and the house looks great.

Also, I am thrilled to be over 36 weeks with nary a day of bed rest all pregnancy. Wish me luck for my long day at the hospital waiting for the spinal to wear off so that I can go home, completely stich free and hang out with my little man. Thankfully, my mom is in town to be with him for the day so the husband can give me the much needed empathy I need:)

6 Comments:

Blogger Monica H said...

Thanks husband for bringing up this topic. That's great news. I wish you well and I hope the baby comes soon. Take care.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Wonderful news! I was wondering about that! Here's hoping for an uneventful few weeks (AHHH!) until we get to meet baby KMW!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope all went well! I'm so happy for you! Please update ASAP!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Becci said...

Hope everything went well for you!!

7:56 AM  
Blogger May said...

Wow-- hope everything went smoothly yesterday!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

We need an update!!!

Can't believe how fast your pregnancy went. Seems like just yesterday you were getting stitched.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home