My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's a Blogger to Do?

Hi. Ho. Hey there. Remember me? What's a blogger to do when they are unmotivated to blog and actually, not very good at mommy blogging? Especially given that there won't be any angsty pregnancy posts for a loooong time, or never. Pregnancy posts are the kind of posts I am good at. Or, at least am motivated to do.

There are so many amazing mommy bloggers out there. I am not so good at it and for some reason I don't like putting my kids lives on the internet as much (but I recognize what is great about it and will probably be bummed out not to have a record of all we are experiencing)as my own life. Maybe I will blog when I can selfishly say, "it really is all about me." In any case, if anyone is still reading, perhaps a post here and there, but maybe not so much as things have definitely changed around these parts.

One thing I don't mind sputtering about is my stupid post pregnancy weight. July 20th will mark 3 months post-partum. I am fighting for every.Single.Pound. I hate it. Hello trying to loose weight at 35. I am exercising, I am eating well (pretty well) and yet, the scale remains where it is, or it takes a few weeks for a pound. It SUCKS. It would be one thing if I weren't doing the work. But doing the work for no results? Bah.

On that happy note, I leave. Hopefully it will be less than a few months before I blog again!

4 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Yep, exactly the same problems here. Nothing going up on the blog, nothing going down on the scale. Ah, well.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Monica H said...

Glad to hear from you after a few months. About the weight, I just recently read that you have to decrease your caloric intake by 500 calories a day to loose 1 lousy pound a week/ And 1000 calories a day to loose 2 pounds. In which case, you are pretty much starving yourself.

I'm sorry if this is not very motivating, but I've never actually read stats like this, so I thought I should share. Keep trying and hang in there (or just don't get on the scale- that's what I do).

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your blog and sharing your experiences during your pregnancy in 2006.... i have to go tomorrow morning for my cerclage pre op.. and i've been very nervous about the procedure (and just my pregnancy in general after our last loss at 17 weeks)... but it was wonderful to read your story.. and your cerclage surgery experience (as i was trying to find some true tales of the experience rather then a "how to" of the procedure).. at least i have a better idea of what i'm in for now =) so thanks again! keep blogging!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

K- please keep blogging! I love reading your take on all things-- pregnancy or non. but of course it should be for you, and from you, so if your not feeling it, paciencia (translation=oh well!!). I'm also feeling the weight loss struggle. I'm terrified this pouch is here to stay. Gack!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home