My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Seriously. Seriously, the Longest Week

Still here, a family of 3 (plus the lab). They stripped my membranes yesterday. My fluid looked fine.I am close to 3 centimeters dilated. All that and here I am.

Here's the silver lining.I assumed I'd have a new kid by now, in fact, I assumed I would have a new kid a few weeks ago. As a result my schedule is completely clear. Even the husband has little to do as we wait.

The last few days with Q have been the most wonderful gifts. That is a nice reframe, right? They're gifts, you can really look at that way. We've spent the days together. I feel like I've had time with him that I haven't truly had these last pregnant months when there was the no lifting and the working and the stress of not being home.

I guess I get at least one more precious day with him today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that you have been SUCH an inspiration to me. A little over two years ago, I lost my little angel, Cherish, at 22.5 weeks due to IC.

I am now 32 weeks pregnant, expecting a little girl by mid June (thanks to a cerclage placement by my Peri).

Reading your blog has kept me uplifted and sane during such a difficult and uncertain time. You have a given me a gift ... one of hope. Thank you.

I look forward to reading your birth story and hearing about your daughter. Take care! God bless you, girlfriend! :)

miltowndiva

1:36 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I'm going to assume since you haven't updated in almost a week, that your little one is here!!! I hope all is well!!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home