My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Twilight

I thought I had kicked the habit of my "light" reading. But then I was out to dinner with a group of people--adults. The group included a very well-educated acquaintance, someone with two Ivy league degrees under her belt. We both admitted our addiction to the TV series True Blood. And then suddenly, and with no shame whatsoever, she started singing the praises of the teen loved Twilight book series. Because I have an ah, tendency, to be susceptible to this kind of book, I found myself very interested. I loved her lack of embarrassment because in addition to the diplomas, she happens to be very smart and normal and fun. This is something that if I did, I certainly wouldn't chat about it out loud to a group of like-minded adults. This kind of reading is my dirty little secret. It was sort of a breath of fresh air. And, btw, it really isn't that often, I blog about it every time I find myself in the trashy world of non-lit lit. I won't go far as list my current reading up to this point, but suffice to say, Oprah would approve.

Anyway, I bought Twilight (was told by the clerk that free movie-poster was included!) and I read it really, really fast. On Sunday we had a friend over for dinner who I dropped off at her apartment after we ate. I didn't get on the highway to go home because I hoped I would find a bookstore (10pm on a Sunday??) that was open so I could buy the second book. I have watched the movie trailer and admit that whoever that guy is, he is H.o.T. He's probably like, 19 or something. Bad behavior for a 35 year old? I don't give a shit. These books are totally addictive. And they are totally addictive because they are freakin' romantic. I am such a girl.

Vampires are hot.

4 Comments:

Blogger May said...

(raising hand reluctantly...)

Bachelor of science, with honors, from Stanford. PhD from top ten school in field. Frickin' college professor.

And Twilight addict.

(Hanging head in shame.)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I have to get on the Twilight train. It is TOTALLY the kind of book I adore. I just don't publish it to the internets!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

um, can i borrow it?

1:21 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

ok, I'm on vacation, and I read the first one in a day. Yeah. Edward is hot. Very very hot. It's all that anticipation and self denial it speaks to the Catholic in me. Also the romantic little girl.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home