My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Thursday, December 04, 2008

WTF Do I Do Now?

Q now (theoretically) sleeps in his Big Boy Bed. At first I thought " a miracle has been bestowed on our house" since the man freakin' loved it so much. I figured that I had just waited too long to get him out of the crib, which he did not appear to like anymore. So after a much suffering through Sleep Training, the Second Act, we went ahead and purchased our Big Boy Bed. The joy the joy.

Not so much anymore. It started at the other morning at 5:00 when I awoke to my beautiful son's face a mere few inches from my own. How did that happen? Oh, yes. The Big Boy Bed. Lately, he has not been into napping. For the last hour I have sequestered myself in the home office while listening to the sounds of thunder from above. I do not know what is going on up there, especially since O is sleeping in the same room in Q's previously owned crib, but I swear to god he is practicing some sort of Cirque Du Soleil tryout. What's even more annoying is that he was so tired at nap time. I mean, rubbing his eyes and acting very Time to Go to Sleep.

Honestly, I don't know what to do. He recently has gotten into "jumping" and if I know my son, he is jumping off his low-to-the-ground-bed onto the floor over and over again.

Is there anyone out there whose dealt with this? He's not crying, so I am staying put for now. But he's not sleeping either.

Annoyed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Monica H said...

The little boy I take care of is doing the same thing. He still naps once daily, but only if I'm there otherwise he doesn't. He used to sleep from 8:30pm-9am, but now he goes to bed and wakes up every other hour and goes to his parents room. I think it's hilarious, but then again he's not my son.

How old is Q now? LD (the boy I watch) just turned 2. He's not in a big boy bed, but now it's easier for him to crawl out of.

Sorry so frustrating!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Monica H said...

Oops, I meant he is in a big boy bed- because he was crawling over his crib and jummping out.

7:14 PM  
Blogger May said...

Ahh, yes. We went through the not napping. You just have to wait until the novelty of the big bed wears off. And, I occasionally have to put a childproof knob on the inside of her bedroom door to discourage wandering. If she stays in her room, no knob required, but it goes on if she leaves after being warned.

This was a trying phase. She did (and still does) go to bed ninety minutes early on days in which there was No Nap. And she'd be asleep practically before I left the room. H and I got some nice evenings together out of the deal.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home