My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Thursday, August 21, 2008

He Must Be Two

Today officially ends the reign of "two under 2". My little man is having his birthday today. His sister went to the babysitter and my guy and I have had a great day together (he'll celebrate with his friends over the weekend). I can't help but notice some decidedly 2-like behavior, I guess to make sure as if I didn't already know, that he is actually 2. Every time there is a tantrum or the word "no!" is uttered, or some other grasp at independence is observed, I find myself smiling and saying "Is somebody 2? Seems like somebody is 2 years old!"

Even though mighty miss O was awake for half the night last night--she is happy, she just wants to yell and smile instead of sleep--and conversely so was her mommy, I feel like things are getting easier. I'm not sure why. Maybe just because she is becoming so much more lovable as she wakes up to the world, and little Q appears to finally accept her place in our family.

Happy birthday to my big boy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Happy Birthday Q!!
I tried to get Domi to say happy birthday Q and he refused. Looks like someone is 2 (or almost). Hope you had an awesome day!
xoxo
Alice, Chris, Domi, and Amalia

7:41 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

aw, happy birthday to Mr Q!!!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Chris N. said...

I'm behind the times! FELIZ CUMPLEANOS, Q-Man! We can't wait to see you!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home