My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Saturday, April 01, 2006

I am a Failure at Bedrest

I am squarely on bedrest doldrums..again. I realize that part of my issue is that I have a conservative doc who appears to believe in bedrest very much. The problem is that I find myself feeling rebellious and second guessing her, because I know not all docs would have me lying about so strictly. I find myself emphatically pronouncing to whoever will listen that there is no real research about bedrest, and really, do people really take in the other costs? At my worst I can even be heard spouting things along the lines of how "these doctors" don't really know what they're talking about--they just have nothing else to offer. Am I really sitting here in the very week I lost my previous pregnancy trying to think of logic to ignore my doctor’s advice, just to be able to enter Starbucks to...what? Interact with strangers?? Yes!! Yes I am! Sigh. I guess I will still wait for the back end to make true my secret fantasy of gorging on sushi while drinking a vat of wine. This fantasy takes place in various settings, none of them home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I don't know if you will ever get this comment (as I'm reading from your earliest posts) but your blog makes me laugh and gives me hope.

Yesterday I was diagnosed with an incompetent cervix myself at 12 weeks and here I lay, flat on my back, doing the absolute wrong thing - Googling cerclage. Scary, scary, until I found your blog. I have laughed and felt a lot better about the prospect of having one today...and about having hope. My DH and I tried for almost a year to get pg and have had some scares since the beginning and the honest truth is...it's lonely territory. All my girlfriends are pregnant and bopping around, festively round. I am looking sort of sallow, especially this morning.

Anyway, thanks again for posting your stories and thoughts. They are great.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home