My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bedrest Medications

Three trashy novels later, and I am back to the good stuff. At least I know that my standards didn't die forever. Maybe for bedrest, three trashy books to one good book will be the proportion. Who knows, it's too hard to figure out how I will feel day-to-day in this situation. There was an op-ed in the times that captured my feeling about bedrest perfectly; that of "a woman descending slowly but surely into insanity." Actually, it was an interesting article: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/24/opinion/24bilston.html

Speaking of NY, the in-laws were in town all last week from that very city. It was so nice to have people bring us stuff, go food shopping and generally break up my day. So far I have found that visitors are the thing that works wonders. There are several times when I am rapidly descending a downward spiral of self-pity and depression (usually late afternoon, early evening), when a friend comes over. Suddenly, I am animatedly talking about god knows what, but I usually have a lot to say about whatever it is. Hours go by, and yay! It’s almost time for bed and another day gone by. With this in mind, I have actually scheduled several lunches and dinners. Our living room is like command central. This means me sprawled on the couch while I greet my many guests. It really does help. That and 24 on DVD! If Jack Bauer can't get me through the next few months, no one can!

Tomorrow we have an ultrasound after two weeks of no activity with the doctor. I am very nervous. Have we had any funneling (when the cervix starts to open from the inside)? Is my cervix still long? I am now a little over 18 weeks. If I make it to 20, I will be more pregnant than ever before. 28 is the first real goal, and if I make it to 28, aren't I in the home stretch?? I am getting ahead of myself here. I have to get past 18 first:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home