My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Take Chill Pill

I can't say there is much news over here. Ever since we learned that we have a stitch in a good spot and a cervix that is still holding strong, I have had nothing to write! Actually, I am too embarrassed to write the truth. The truth is that I still freak after every sensation, that several times a day I am convinced (No, really. Actually convinced, I am not just being dramatic for the blog) that the cervix is funneled to the stitch and that the baby will come out maybe without us reaching any more weeks pregnant than we were last time. Hmm. I just wrote the truth. I must not be that embarrassed. But I am. I am embarrassed. Not enough to edit it out, but enough to feel ashamed of my neaurotic side. I also think the doctors checking out our issues last week was no help for the old anxiety. One hopes that with a preventive cerclage once you are through the surgery, you are all set. Well...not so much, actually. Apparently, there are still a lot of things that can go wrong, the stitch failing just being one. Ewww! I am SUCH a downer. That is why I have the Eastern-medicine-pre-natal-massage-giving-doula coming tomorrow to RUB me, and make me feel warm and fuzzy about my pregnancy. You think she will work wonders? I'm skeptical....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home