My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bitchy Stitch

Good news and not so good news. The good news is that we had an ultrasound yesterday, and the cervix looks long and closed. The bad news is that the stitch moved down a bit. The meaning of this is that the stitch leaves "a lot of cervix above, and not as much below." This is not a happy situation if the cervix decides to act incompetently. My perinatologist is now showing my slides to her colleagues for a second opinion, and there is a chance they will want me to do a transabdominal cerclage while I still can! This is major surgery and something I would very much like to avoid. Without it, I enter the "danger zone" with nothing but strict bedrest (hello to strict bedrest again), weekly observation and hope that the cervix behaves. We also hope that the low stitch can still hold if the cervix does not behave. If I have the surgery, there is still a risk to the baby and I will be having major surgery!! We are waiting by the phone to hear our fateā€¦.

The truth is that as much as I should probably be focusing on this, I am only focused on the pain in my neck and shoulder that I have developed since falling asleep on my "day couch" in a very silly position. In fact, I am in so much pain from whatever nerve I tweaked, or knot I created or god knows what, that I am not paying much attention to this cervix stuff. I am moaning today for other reasons. Every time the phone rings I say "was it them?" My husband thinks I mean the cervix doctor, I mean the person who can give me a massage of sorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home