My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Friday, March 17, 2006

Wonders Worked!

It worked. Maybe just temporarily, but it worked. My aching muscles being rubbed, the nice energy of calm hands, the attention of someone knowledgable asking all about my pregnancy and not just the cervix—it is so nice. I did ignore a few disparaging comments about doctors, because I like my doctors just fine (I wish they were a little more nurturing, but whatever, they’re DOCTORS). And, I don’t feel any need to have a natural birth at this point so the idea of getting education around that, let’s just say it’s not really a big goal for me—no need for full doula services. However, I am all for the stretches and safe yoga poses that put no pressure on my cervix and “get some safe movement” and I am for the visualization exercises to help me relax and I am very, very much for the pillows and bolsters and the person moving my body around like I am the baby with no need to move myself because I am fully being attended too with the nicest massage. I am for that 100%. Hey, I am not buying anything else while I am stuck in the house, so some pre-natal “bodywork” every few weeks sounds like a good thing too spend some dough on, yes?

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaina said...

You can do this. I drove myself and everyone around me crazy with my worries. But it all worked out perfectly. Two cerclages and three babies later, it's my little success story. Hope that everything goes by quickly and quietly for you. If you need some support, http://s13.invisionfree.com/FABEL/index.php?act=idx
We have a lot of present or past high risk pregnancies and it's nice to have someone to share with who knows what you are going through. Good luck!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home