My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cervix Hanging in!

Cervix is till over 3.5 cm, with no funneling! I'm glad to be going into our 19th week with a long cervix. I think my doctor is more anxious than we are. The bedrest stuff is still a challeng for me, although, it's great to see how much time has gone by. It truly does seem less overwhelming than it did at the beginning when I felt I had a whole pregnancy to manage. Now, even if I never get off the bedrest, at least I am almost halfway there. Still, I was expecting and hoping that she would tell us that my cervix is doing so well that I can have more outings and more fun! But no!! She wants us to "get through these next few weeks and see where we are." I understand that she has our best interest and baby’s best interest in mind, and that she is extra concerned since we are going into the very week we lost our twin girls. I really get that. But is it bad to have this lingering feeling of the wool being pulled over my eyes about this bedrest stuff? I feel tricked, like a child who is told "soon" when the "how much longer" question is asked on a car ride. The adult knows there is still a few hours left, but they keep that kid just hoping that it is about to end. I think I was told that there would “maybe be some modified bedrest” when I first became pregnant. Huh. I am not complaining though (well I am, but I am not really that miffed). Whatever works. The bedrest might just be the thing that is keeping me in such good shape

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home