My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Sturgeon King


When I first started dating husband over 7 years ago, he insisted that we frequent this famous oldschool Jewish deli called Barney Greengrass, The Sturgeon King. Back then I didn't quite understand why people waited hours to sit at the cramped tables and suffered the not so friendly service. My only excuse is that maybe I didn't get it because, you know, its not in the blood (I am sure that I am the only gentile around when inside BBG). However, over time I have embraced the husband's culture in the best way I know how. The food. Chopped liver, gafiltafish, bagels, lox...bring it on!! We always make time for Barney Green Grass when in NY, and these days, I am the first to excitedly ask about non-menued items, "any ladkes today??"

It wouldn't be a trip to NY without a trip to The Sturgeon King. This picture was snapped on Quinn's maiden voyage. He doesn't look impressed. But I wasn't impressed at first either:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww he's so cute. and i must be dumb, but what is a ladke??

10:14 AM  
Blogger KMW said...

potato pancake!

1:25 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

LOL--I am part of "the tribe", but I can't stomach gefilte fish or the chopped liver. The rest of it, though! yummmmmmmm :-) Just the thought of a potatoe latke makes my mouth water! Is it Hannukah yet?! LOL

Next time I'm in NY, I'll have to check out the BGG. Is it in the city?

Quinn is so stinking cute!!! I want to eat him up with a bagel and a shmear! ;-)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

That's really funny, my mom made latkes for breakfast yesterday with smoked salmon and sour cream, mmmmmmm. She was like, "did you know here they call these latkes? We just call it 'tortilla de papa'". Ah, people all over the world come together for potato pancakes. And K, I'm pretty sure you can order from BGG online, we recently went to a brunch and they had all kinds of smoked fish from there, in case you and M are ever homesick!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home