My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hunger Strike

What with the sickness and the Memorial Day, baby got a lot of round the clock boob the last few weeks. Last Tuesday, the one-day I worked and his first day back to the bottle, he decided to say, "I'm not settling for second best!" He refused the bottle all day. He only ingested milk when it was cereal, with breast milk as a sauce.

Tomorrow I go back to work for 3 days. Baby is sticking to his guns. Up to this point, I have caved for the benefit of his nutrition and given him the boob when he refuses the bottle from Dad. I even left the house for hours when I knew he was hungry to let my husband work it out. We have purchased multiple nipples and sippy cups. I even tried to feed him the bottle. Baby says, “blech!” to our efforts.

The hunger protest starts in earnest tomorrow when mama goes to work. Let's hope he folds. We're willing to negotiate and give into many of his demands. He can have boob first thing! We’re willing again around 5:30, and AGAIN at bedtime before sleep (even though that last one is hardly a feeding). His only response? "Listen, Jerkies! It's the boob and only the boob!" He doesn't appear to want to compromise. Mama is a little stressed. Baby needs to eat!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Domi did the same thing with me, but the other way around. He preferred the bottle for about a week or two. I was afraid that would spell the end of nursing, but we just kept trying and eventually he came back around. I'm sure this too will pass. Hang in there!

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home