My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Monday, February 05, 2007

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts Can't Lose

I have written about my TV addiction, right? It sounds like I watch a lot of TV. I actually don't watch a horrendous amount, but I have my "shows" that I am shamelessly addicted too. See, the English major in me used to be all "Who me? Stupid TV? That wasn’t me you saw watching Party of 5, I am too busy reading classics!" Then one day I decided to stop the lies and in my effort to be truthful, I became, and still remain, annoyingly proud of my TV watching. It is very silly.

During the half marathon that I FINISHED in 2 hours and 20 minutes on Sunday (about 11 minute miles—not my old pace, but who cares, right?), I had bit of a hard time around mile 10. I was looking for inspiration and thought to myself that I should have rented that Mathew Modine wrestling movie, Vision Quest, to get myself psyched up. You know, where he goes running in a silver sweat suit? So good. But since I didn’t think to rent Vision Quest (this isn’t a joke, this thought process happened), I tried to think of something else inspirational. That's when I began chanting the cheer from Friday Night Lights, my current TV fave. “Clear minds, full hearts can’t loose!” At first I thought of it jokingly, “wouldn’t it be funny if I started saying ‘clear minds, full hearts can’t loose’ to get through this, like on Friday Night Lights?" Unfortunately, desperation is powerful, and eventually I was chanting sincerely. Pathetic! Truthfully, it didn't really work since Friday Night Lights is only fronting as a football show. It’s really teenagers having sex. It’s the OC repackaged. Genius.

I have given up on 24. It is the same thing every season and I don't care anymore so I have no Sunday show. Monday night I watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Tuesday’s I don’t think I have anything (usually Monday’s TIVO’d Studio 60) Wednesday is Friday Night Lights and then Top Chef or whatever Bravo incarnation they are doing. Thursday is a triple whammy with The Office, Grey’s Anatomy (sucks I’m not also watching Scrubs since it conflicts with Grey’s) and ER. I have been watching ER for over a DECADE. I think I started in ’94. Is that possible?? So…that’s my regular TV line up. It’s’ not too much, right? Oh. I also don’t watch ANY during the day. For some reason TV in the daytime makes me depressed. Like I am home sick, or on bedrest.

In other news, the very controversial Supernanny started today for half a day. She was fantabulous, and I was happy to have a few hours to myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

yes, yes. Daily Show is set on TIVO everynight. And Lost. I know I know. I watched sporadically the first season, and then just got confused. But I am a big JJ Abrams fan, so it should be up there, but alas, it didn't stick.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.. My name is Michelle... and on Oct. 21st 2006 my little Clayton was born at a mere 24 weeks. I was diagnosed w/Incompetent Cervix. Clayton fought a food fight... but passed away on Nov. 25th. We are pregnant again... just 6 weeks.... I am on progesterone right now... and should have my cerclage at week 13. I have read your whole blog... and bawled my eyes out. Thank you... for taking the time to write your journey.
My e-mail is mandrews@lcisd.org I'd love to be able to pick your brain as I go forward.

Michelle

1:32 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Congrats on that 1/2 marathon! I am so inspired--a jogging stroller is in my future!

I can't watch 24; my blood pressure goes through the roof! LOL

Jon Stewart is the third love of my life after Husband and little E! And please, The Office--pure genius! I am actually giddy with anticipation by 8pm on Thursday evenings!

Sad, sad life I lead, huh? ;-)

9:21 PM  
Blogger whatthef*ck said...

just read some of your blog for the first time. sounds like we have opposite experiences. i lost a baby at 23 weeks due to ic , indirectly, and now am 22 weeks along with another pregnancy (cerclage at 13 weeks). i'm having lots of contractions but my peri is not fazed. he's in sf as well. i keep thinking he should tell me to rest more but he doesn't really think bedrest helps. i'm curious who your doctor is and if you had other issues besides the ic.

congrats on the big run and on the baby. he is so cute.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Becci said...

My #1 is American Idol... then there is CSI, Gray's Anatomy, and Ugly Betty.

Glad supernanny is working for you!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home