My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

He Can (sort of) Sit Up



I am getting over my sensitivity, and I am posting a picture of my baby to prove it. Why I am totally over the issue of my previous post?? Because I got the love from the blogosphere! Thank you!

Quinn managed to balance like a tripod for a while today, imitating sitting up. A few minutes after I took this pic, he succumbed to gravity and was fully bent in half, cheek on blanket. He didn't seem too distressed, though. He must be a Yogi.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eriness said...

I too had an incompetent cervix and when I did a google search for some sort of support, your name came up and your site. Thank you for your blog, you have helped me immensely!!!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

He's a cutie! Don't worry about the haters. Everybody's got an opinion. You are doing what's best for you and your family. That's what being a good mom is all about.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I accidently ran across your blog while I was researching cerclages. I delivered our twins at 33 weeks after an emergancy cerclage at 18 w 5 d, 3+ dialated. Luckily my ob/gyn was experienced and did the surgery. I then laid in bed 100 days and we did have a healthy baby boy and girl. Now I am pregnant with a singleton and I had a cerclage placed at 15 weeks. I am now 18 weeks, and able to work up to this point. I am so nervous about bed rest again.. with two little ones at home. Our twins are 3. I can't wait to hit the the 32 week mark! I am with you that 28 sounds good at this point! Anyway! I wanted to congratulate you on your success! No one knows what it is like until you walk in their shoes~ I hope and pray that I have success to make it to full term and bring a baby home with me! Good luck with your little one, they grow up way to fast! Enjoy every moment!

1:18 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I'm so glad JS didn't run you out of town. Your blog is immensely enjoyable and comforting to a lot of readers and her small-minded nastiness is hopefully just a fleeting blip on the radar.

Obviously whatever you do, you do it with the best interest of your family at heart and your little man is going to know how deeply he is loved.

Adorable picture, by the way!! :-)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Becci said...

he's soooo adorable! hope you write more soon.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost my twin boy and girl at 23 weeks in Oct '06 due to my 'incompetent' cervix. Of course that seemed like the end of the world.
When we started trying again after a cycle, i got chicken pox (god knows where that came from). It was then i started reading your blog.
Thankyou sooo much. It really helped knowing i wasnt the only one going through the bad patch.
I am waiting for my preg test to show a positive this time around.
I really haope i am successful as well..
Thnaks.. You are doing a great job!!!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home