My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Workerbee and Quinn&Domingo



I am back in the workforce! It was so weird putting myself together for the first time in..ah...a YEAR (bedrest and 6 months maternity leave a year makes). I was waiting for the bus all business casual, lipstick, latte and everything. I was sizing up the other commuters wondering if they could tell it had been a while. Could they tell I had new shoes and a new purse? And did they notice, no, that is not a huge laptop, it is a breastpump? I am not really this narcissistic. I know that no one but me noticed my new shoes, er...or noticed me at all.

It was hard to be away from Quinn for so long, but it was also okay. And I enjoyed being that person who is needed in a professional setting for a skill set that I have put a lot of time and energy into learning.

We had a great weekend with Domi, Chris and Alice. Domi and Quinn seemed to manage their new friendship with panache. They stared at each other, they shared toys, they shared a bath and they culminated the weekend with a crying symphony. They harmonized side by side in their car seats, their parents helpless to comfort either of them until the carride ended 20 minutes later.

Seriously, it was a great visit and we are very impressed that Chris and Alice actually followed through with the hard-core dealing when visiting friends in another city. They were also wonderful to me while I totally freaked out at least once a day about going back to work yesterday. Good friends are good to have.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I noticed your shoes, and I can say, they are fabulous!
xo
A

8:09 PM  
Blogger May said...

Hey, congrats on dusting off that skill set! Feels good, huh? I felt good until confronted by this pile of exams to grade. Er, speaking of which...

Sigh.

1:24 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Congrats on getting back to work! What a cute picture of Quinn & Domi!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home