My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Poor Husband

My husband is so nice. He works from home, thank god, so he can be my little manservant around the house. He gets me my meals, my coffee (yes, by god, I am still drinking caffeinated coffee--one cup a day--while pregnant and I am fine with it!) and generally takes care of me. The problem is when I know that I want some extra things that are not necessarily needed. For example, I forget my book upstairs. Okay, well, right. A girl needs an activity so he goes and gets it for me . But then, a little while later, I want a cup of tea. It's raining in my city (one of the few times I miss the East coast is when I hear from every family member about how spring is bursting, and yet, my city in California it's just raining) and tea sounds sooo cozy, doesn't it? But do I need it? Do I need to get the nice man up away from his computer again because I have a little craving? One of the most challenging aspects of bedrest is those little comforts that you just can't do for yourself. I only notice what a pain in the ass they are when I see how many times I interrupt my husband to do them for me. And, I have to be honest, more often then not, I decide that I really just CAN'T do without because...I can't! So, I've decided I do have the nicest, patient and most caring husband on the planet whose life is practically as derailed as mine. Poor guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home