My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Monday, June 26, 2006

Bed Rest?


My mother arrived on Wednesday last week. Thursday we went out to lunch and to a pedicure. Hallelujah! My cerclage was placed on Feb 16th, and it was at least a few weeks before that I had my last pedicure. My toes look so fat and pretty now! I am ecstatic! Friday, Mom and I drove to Sonoma and met my godmother for lunch. My husband arrived Friday night. I walked from pool to house to pool several times. Saturday, I went into town to have coffee. Sunday, back into town for coffee and a 1 block walk from coffee shop to bakery for dessert. Sunday afternoon drive home. That means I went out 4 days in a row, 5 including today’s ultrasound.

It is amazing up there. My godparents purchased a beautiful property about 200 years ago (at least the early 80's) that they have made into a paradise (see picture of pool and house in background). They converted their pool house into a gorgeous bedroom where my husband and I slept, away from any worry of waking people with my stomping up and down peeing all night, and where we could leave the doors open (not the screen doors!) and listen to crickets and birds and feel the country love. I can't really do the property or the weekend justice, so I am going to stop trying to describe it except to say that it was amazing, restorative and beautiful.

I was so worried for today's ultrasound, though. So so worried because throughout these last few days of “Bed rest? Who me?" I was still suffering multiple BH contractions and thought I was feeling some other pressure "down there" which made me sure that today would mean not so good news on the cervix front. I am glad to report that my intuition sucks because my cervix is back to 3.8cm and no funneling!! I don't know what that means for intuition when I'll need it most as a parent, but oh to know that I was more active than I had been my entire pregnancy and things improved? I'll take that. I will take that anytime.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

3.8cms??!!! That's miles in cervix world!! Congrats!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Becci said...

sounds like your cervix is doing its job! hope you're doing well.... you're getting so close!!!!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home