My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Public Service Announcement

I noticed the other day that I have received more comments from outside blogs than usual. For the most part, I receive comments from blogs I link too and comment on regularly. When I saw comments from blogs I didn’t recognize, I wondered how they got to me (not that I mind—I am pleased to have the attention). So I did a Google search of the word "cerclage" and found that this blog is the 7th site that comes up!! It is strange, but nice too. Really though, I can't help but wonder if all the women searching for information on cerclage and IC are that thrilled to instead find my rants and raves from the couch. I personally find it upsetting that there is so little information on IC on the web that my blog should come up under a Google search at all.

As a result, I am feeling obligated to write a little public service announcement about a real site that actually gives information on IC. It is a support forum, but there are great links to more information and the ladies on the site do know their stuff. I have been known to rant about online forums on this site, but really, truly, I have come around. They do much more good then harm. Here’s the site:

http://groups.msn.com/IncompetentCervixSupport

Okay, enough public service. Isn't this my whiny blog to talk about myself?? On Monday it will be two weeks since my last cervix check. I like it in that I didn't have to gear up, afraid of what to find this last Monday. But I did not relish that after going weekly for so long it seems like a long time in between cervix checks. I have spent the last week imaging all the possible horrible issues, which makes the positive aspects of less monitoring somewhat…ineffective. I guess I find a way to be anxious no matter how it works. My anxiety isn't helped by how much cheating I am doing with the bedrest. I have started making myself meals, wondering around the house way too much and I even loaded and emptied the dishwasher the other day. If anything has changed for the worse on Monday, I currently imagine I only have myself to blame.

I am 29 weeks and for some reason it is one of the slow weeks. It seems all my weeks either go by fairly quickly, or they feel super slow. It is always the ones I think will take forever, like 27 to 28 or 19 to 20 that actually move quickly. The ones I think will be no-brainers take their time, like week 20, and now, week 29. I wonder what that is all about....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi:

I just wanted to comment on what you said earlier. It is reassuring to find your blog because it kind of gives you an idea of what to expect after the "stitch". I'll continue to read your post!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my sister just had this precedure and i was shocked at how little they told her about it. The best rest thing is killing her but she is happy to stay pregnant. Now i read on another web sight bed rest wasnt needed after 3 days what have you been told?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Becci said...

Going to pipe in here if you don't mind. Bed rest is not always needed, it just depends on the person, the dr. and the pregnancy (each one is different). Some people don't have to do bedrest at all (except right after the stitch), some people do modified bedrest and some do strict. KMW and I have been on strict bedrest since the stitching, but not everyone has to do that. My peri takes things one week at a time.

7:14 AM  
Blogger KMW said...

That's right, Becci! Bed rest is not always indicated. It depends on your situation and doctor and how the pregnancy goes. I happen to have a conservative doctor....

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home