My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Friday, May 12, 2006

She's No Zombie Clone

At yesterday's doctors appointment I almost had a heart attack when the favorite peri casually asked me and my husband if we had chosen a pediatrician. Then came two more rapid fire questions: Have we thought about how we feel regarding circumcision? And have we thought about birth control for after the delivery? We both looked so shocked she actually smiled and said something along the lines of "I believe you are going to be bringing home a baby."

She finally became her old self in typical doom and gloom fashion by spewing preterm labor risks and reminding us 28 weeks is the "first" goal and bedrest is still very important. But STILL. Unless she was replaced by some zombie clone, I believe my doctor is showing signs of new optimism never expressed in the past.

As for me, I think we will be okay too. But I am afraid to say so--even though I just did. It’s just that every time I start to breathe and think it’s really a matter of time rather than risk, a stitch loosens or a funnel appears. So for now I will say that I am happy to have had a positive OB appointment where all the regular pregnancy stuff was addressed and the cervix was barely mentioned at all. It was almost like I am…you know…just pregnant!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becci said...

Wow! I am waiting for my dr. to say "I think you're going to make it full-term" but no such luck. He only gives me, "well, things look good this week, we HAVE to make it to 28 weeks, etc." Good luck! 25 weeks is great, you're getting there.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home