My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Friday, April 21, 2006

I Still Love my Cervix...

I still go to the message board every day. I go multiple times a day. I even posted a reply to someone as if I am suddenly the know-it-all in the incompetent cervix world (but really? Are you really wondering whether you should call your doctor if you are spotting?!) It still makes me anxious, but what can I say, misery loves company and these are the people who whose boat I am sitting in.

The baby is still inside, becoming very active and everyday gets us one day closer to that 28 week mark where, maybe I can exhale (babies born at 28 weeks, while still considered very pre-mature, have a high likely of survival with minimal complications. We don't want a 28 weeker, but what we really don't want is a 24 weeker).

Still, it's amazing how you can always find something to be terrified about (if you're me). The Peri originally told us that 16-22 weeks is the risk period in that most people with incompetent cervix tend to have symptoms during that time. So, here we are at 22 weeks, long and closed, and I wonder, can I relax at all? Apparently not. Once I (hopefully) hit 24 weeks, it is all about pre-term labor and avoiding that. There are so many reasons it's a risk factor, it's boring.

Suffice to say, positive thoughts and bedrest is my game plan for the next 6 long weeks. It's what I got and I’m sticking with it, sore butt and all.

I love you cervix! I love you! That's right, YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home