My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Monday, April 17, 2006

Sigh....

The good news, and this is very good news, is that the cervix remains in very good shape. The stitches do not need to be doing any work. I am measuring around the 4cm mark, and cervix is still closed. Not even a hint of a funnel.

This cervix news is a good thing, because, apparently, my stitches are useless. Yup, that's right. The good stitch is making its way into bad stitch territory—it’s slipping, or tearing, or whatever. So now I have two useless stitches. The ultrasound doctor was going over how great my cervix is behaving when he casually pointed out the stitches and noted, "yeah, that one looks pretty superficial too." Wait. What?

He didn't seem terribly concerned since I am doing so well, but, I remember being diagnosed with this horribly named thing called incompetent cervix. So, I don’t have so much faith in myself to do this on my own. You know, evidenced by when I lost my baby girls??? Even knowing the most important part, that my cervix is doing really well, I am totally, anxiously counting the days again. I mean, the whole point of this stupid cerclage is so I can have piece of mind that if things go bad, I have this nice little safety net. What now? No net? WTF??

2 Comments:

Blogger Becci said...

OH my I would be pitching a fit if that were me. I only have one cerclage and it seems to be holding good for now, but I would be so freaked if it were slipping or anything. That does not sound good to me, but then I am not a dr. I guess.... I hope things stay stable and that your cervix is nice and long until that baby is well-done!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Twin Dude Mama said...

Hi there. I came across your blog after doing a google search about cerclages that don't hold....I'm paranoid about the rescue cerclage I had a few weeks ago. I almost lost my twins too (or they would have been born VERY premature).

I just wanted to say hi and tell you that you did great on bedrest, even if it was a few years ago! I have many more weeks of bedrest left and it's helping to read about someone that was in a similar situation as me.

The post about online shopping had me laughing so hard, I was actually afraid the stitches would pop! Thank for putting this blog together.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home