My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rain is a Shame

The good news is that my weekly cervix check went well. The cervix still remains near 4 cm, with no funneling! I will hope and hope and hope it stays that way until after 36 weeks when we get to take the stitches out. Tomorrow I hit 21 weeks. I thought 19 would feel like the longest week, but so far it is 20. Maybe I thought that if I got through 19, things would just start to move faster. It was such a huge milestone in my mind. Turns out that gearing up for 19 must have left me without much emotional strength for uh...the other half of the pregnancy? So, I had a rude awakening during this last week. This just isn't close to being over. And you know what doesn’t help? The damn rain here in Northern California.

We are having this record breaking rainy season here. First of all, I acknowledge I am about to totally contradict a previous post where I relished in the fact that the rain was forcing the rest of the population indoors too. But, times change and pregnant lady’s feeling about the rain change too. I am so SICK of the F------- RAIN! I lived in Seattle for a while (4 years!), and I moved to California for a reason. The reason I moved is that Seattle is depressing. Seattle is depressing because it is rainy and gross too much.

I do this thing now (warning: This is somewhat pathetic) where when I drink my morning coffee as I take one of my "allowed to sit in a chair mealtimes." I sit on my front step to watch people walk by. This is a funny thing to do because we have a really nice back porch, with nice comfy chairs, but there are no people there. So, I sit on the step, hurting my butt so I can breathe in the outside, drink my coffee and literally get excited by all the action. This little saving grace during my day just cannot happen without the sun shining on my face. It is pathetic that this ritual is my version of taking a long walk or run, but it is what it is. But how, I ask, how can I have this needed reprise when it is pounding down rain all day every day? HOW?

1 Comments:

Blogger Becci said...

Sounds like you are getting our rain right now! I live in Portland, and have been ITCHING to go to California for a couple months now.... but alas not this summer.
And I know what you mean about feeling like 19 weeks was a milestone. To me every week seems like a milestone really with a cervix like this one! Hang in there.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home