My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Cheating?

I want to cheat! I want to cheat so badly. Forget it if I said anything positive about managing my house arrest. It's a familiar post now. I should just repost any of my several earlier posts about bedrest. Why bother writing anything new. It all boils down to the same damn thing: I hate bedrest.

Cervix check went really well. I feel like I shouldn't complain. We are still long, and the "microfunneling" appears to have disappeared for now. Baby is growing well, making his presence known all the time. I was so thrilled after our appointment that I rushed home to contact the peri to establish my previous level of activity: sitting up and an extra outing when already out for appointments. But I was foiled again!!! She is letting me out of the evil trendelenberg, but she still wants me to lie down as much as possible, and I just...I hate it! If she had something about having a baby between 24 and 26 weeks being the worst time, I would have reached through the phone and throttled her. She didn't. But I could hear her thinking it.

I feel some guilt around this. Am I not looking out for the best interest of my baby? I feel like I should be so grateful that all appears to be going well. I really am making my way through the risk period and, you know, it’s not about me. Shouldn’t I have baby’s best interest in mind like peri does? But all I want to do is cheat! No, like, thank god my husband is more of a fretter than me does not support cheating. If he gives me a glimpse of weakness and starts to act like he thinks going for ice cream is a good idea, then we are gone. He is nothing to my bedrest rage! I will squash him if he shows an inkling of waver. We would be in the car now--now, in the riskiest time ever. And I don't care, because, clearly, I am going insane.

I am almost 25 weeks, about 3 weeks to go till 28. But mark my words. That peri is still going to find a way to keep me down. I just know it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becci said...

I know how it feels! You just want to crawl out of your skin! I feel the desire to cheat once in a while, I don't think that means you don't have your child's safety in mid, only that you value your own sanity. This is all going to be worth it in the end, but it sucks right now that's for sure....

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home