My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ain't Misbehaving Cervix

On Sunday morning, I woke up early, too early with a nasty menstrual cramp. Then I thought, whoa. How can I be having a menstrual cramp? I sat there for about 20 minutes, feeling what I thought were waves of cramps. I woke up my husband and called L&D to see what they thought. They said to come in and get it checked out. So we did. As I was getting in the car I understood it had been at least 15 minutes with no cramping at all and was starting to feel a little silly about the whole thing. But in we went. Thankfully, they saw no contractions on the monitor (although I had stopped feeling them at that point so who knows), a long cervix (3.6) and a good strong heartbeat. We ended up having a wonderful morning. Because we were already out and about, we celebrated by going to brunch at one of our favorite places. I was so happy to be out of the house experiencing a Sunday brunch crowd that I wondered if my “contractions” were all part of a subconscious plan to get myself to brunch in the first place.

Yesterday—that’s right, no need to cancel regular ultrasound just because I had one in the hospital the day before. Another opportunity to go outside is never worth tampering with!Yesterday showed similar cervix information. They thought no funneling (I still saw a little) and cervix of 3.3. The whole cervical length thing really does seem to depend on who is measuring it. But still, we are in the same range so I am feeling fine. All this good cervical information is no good for my bed rest behavior because I have practically been exercising I am up so much, and now, with no changes, I fear that tango lessons will start in my living room soon.

Then there are my other bodily issues. Not the ones I usually moan and groan about regarding my bed rest discomfort. These body issues are along the lines of "fat girl issues." I feel like a walrus! A beached whale! I am huge!! I see double when I look at my chin! I am gaining too much weight and without any movement, I just feel like crap. Not to mention that I am growing out of my second set of pregnancy bras. The boob situation is out of control. So, all that said, a little movement feels like the right thing. Except there is that pre-term labor issue prickling the back of my conscience. There is that. Pre-term labor is pretty compelling reason to halt pacing between couch and kitchen. Right. I am hereby recommitted to bed rest. I mean it! I can tell you doubt me but I mean it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becci said...

I have had the overwhelming desire to cheat lately. I am so looking forward to being up for a few hours when David's siter has her baby by no later than Sunday!!!! Then it is back to the strict bedrest until maybe some freedom at 32 weeks? a month away still.....

7:27 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm having the "fat girl issues" too. I'm not on bedrest yet, but I can't exercise! It's driving me crazy. I can do light stretching, but how's that going to fix my giant arms??

Hang in there!

(I'm here from miraclebaby's blog.)

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I know you feel. I am 32 weeks and have been on bedrest since week 20 and I am so excited that I can go out of the house for just a few hours a day. I go to Walmart a lot since they offer wheelchairs, I can cruise for as long as I can then my back starts to hurt and I go back to the bed. All in all it has been more difficult to stay in the bed than anything else, but I stay positive and feel blessed to have made it this far.
GOOD LUCK

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home