My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Cheater, Cheater Pumpkin Eater!

I am technically still on bed rest. I am totally on bed rest. The doctor gave me more freedom; she said I could go out "every other day." I said "that's so great" and neglected to tell her I had been out every day the 5 days prior. If I am being honest, I am such a cheater that maybe I already took myself off bed rest? I am, at least, not walking much. Just going outside and sitting elsewhere than my living room. But c’mon!! I have a long closed cervix, and I am over 32 weeks. I sneakily talked to the “other” peri who overseas our ultrasounds about activity. He seemed to think it is fine (Fine! He said) to be more active. It’s not like I am trying to run a marathon! There is a possibility I am wee bit defensive on this subject.

Even so, I think I will go to the movies this week. Devil. Prada. In the theatres. With the movie option and the Olympic swimmer in my belly, I really couldn’t be happier. My "happier" state is good for the baby, right? I am doing less bed rest for the good of the baby! Yes! You see?

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

happy mommy=happy baby!!
as long as you aren't skipping all the way to the theater, or catching a kick-boxing class, i say go for it!
you doon't much more "me time" left!! live it up as much as you can!!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home