My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Saturday, November 03, 2007

I'm Free! To Do What I Want! Any Old Time...

The husband and the baby are in NYC. I am here in San Francisco. They went for the weekend. I was supposed to go, but Dr.Cerclage put the kibosh on traveling. I've had to sit at home by myself. It is torturous to watch TV in the daytime (something totally forbidden with Quinn around), get a pedicure, go to the movies, go out to dinner AND stay up until midnight. And lest I forget, sleep in. Just till 8:30-it’s all I can manage. This body is used to waking up for child rearing.

I am so tired with pregnancy that it is really nice to have the weekend to put my feet up. Even with the fact I am doing less with Quinn due to high risk pregnancy, I am still dead tired after a day of ushering him around the house and playing on the floor.

I do miss them, but to say that I am not enjoying the break would mean lying. I'm not a liar. Plus, a daddy/son weekend is a good thing. I hereby declare they should do a father/son weekend every year. Just for fun. Yes. Daddy should take the kids (notice how I slipped in a plural) away every year and leave me be. I'll have to tell the husband. A declaration.

Tonight, "Lars and the Real Girl". Tomorrow, a play. Monday, back to real life.

If you blog everyday, are you a little boring? I feel a little boring....

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

NO not boring at all! Your weekend sounds fab, you should definitely require a daddy/children weekend every year. It's great for bonding, and great for you! Win-win.

9:01 PM  
Blogger May said...

A whole weekend? I am SO JEALOUS.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Becci said...

wow, you're lucky:)

10:23 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I will SO be suggesting the idea of a father/son weekend get away as soon as Husband walks through the door this evening. What a nice idea!

I hope you enjoyed yourself thoroughly!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home