My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Friday, July 14, 2006

Bed Rest Be Gone!!

I am feeling obligated to blog so that no one thinks I am over here slitting my wrists. I am actually doing quite well, despite the natural thought process about my girls. The second week of baby classes was better--there was some useful information and I was able to keep the focus on the boy in my belly. And while I have been through a labor of sorts before, I really haven't been through labor and all it's glory and now I am sufficiently afraid. Maybe some day I will be brave enough to post my experience with our loss on here, but not today. No, not today, because today, I am off bedrest (imagine an 8 month pregnant woman in her thirties, with newly blonded hair dancing like an idiot singing, "I am off bedrest! I am off bedrest!).

It is not TOTALLY official, but it is official enough that I have gotten my hair done, gone to prenatal yoga, and experienced lunch in a restaurant. I am also planning on going to a friend’s for dinner. Am I pushing it? Unfortunately, I admit there is this horrible poetic justice where I do get unbelievably exhausted. I don't know if it is being 8 months pregnant, or the effect on my body of no activity for so long, but I find myself sometimes wanting to just hang on the couch, formerly my cell, even though I don't have too. I resist this. After all, I would like to get some strength back for what I now understand to be quite the grueling experience of labor. There are really no words to quite explain the bliss of hanging in the outside world.

2 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Hello, I just discovered your blog via the route you noted-- googling "cerclage." I just wanted to let you know how much I identified with just about everything you wrote. In the last 2 years I experienced a loss, a high risk pregnancy (only 12 weeks of bedrest, but all in the hospital with drugs galore), and now a gorgeous baby girl who was worth everything we went through to get her and more. I'm delighted that you're experiencing the downgrading to normal pregnancy that we achieved as well, and wish you the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy and beyond!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Becci said...

Isn't it great to have the feeling of being a "normal preggo", if only for a little while? I feel ya on the exhaustion. Plus OMG my hips! They hurt sooo bad!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home