My Cerclage

In September 2005, I was pregnant with twin girls. I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks apparently due to my "incompetent cervix." I became pregnant again and wrote all about it on this blog. I now have a wonderful son. Since bed rest, anxiety and cerclage were so much fun, I've decided to do it all again.....

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cervix of Steel

I am having no trouble going out at all, despite how tired I am. I am so happy to go out for dinner and to see friends out of the living room. I feel like I owe everyone so much for all the effort they made to come to the house and hang out with me during the dark months of bed rest. It must have been depressing at times....

Monday I had my last ultrasound. I'm not sure I gave enough lip service to the other peri, who oversaw the ultrasounds. He was so great to us. I had ultrasound every week for several weeks, and he was always very reassuring and positive about my condition. Most of all, he never acted like any of our questions were unreasonable, or that we were too anxious or that we were taking up too much of his time. Peri, my peri, is wonderful, but I think she is anxious herself, so needless to say we never left a meeting with her feeling reassured. Ultrasound Peri's confidence was extremely helpful during the hard times. Yesterday was our last visit with him (he is actually moving to another state so it really was our last visit), and he was so nice he even gave me a hug--which is great because in my vulnerable state I am also half in love with him. Everyone, the secretary and all the techs who we know so well, were totally sweet to us. Cervix is still around 3.5 cm, and very little funneling. At the rate I am going, I will have be to induced—which is FINE by me!!

Here I am, 35 weeks pregnant and still have nothing that represents the fact that I am going to have a baby. No car seat, bassinet, no onesies, no nothing. We have done a lot of browsing. We have a list of must haves before baby arrives. We are willing to buy these things. It is simply the matter of actually taking these items to a cash register, buying them and bringing them home. Peri says that we need to have a bag packed when they remove the cerclage--just in case. Cerclage removal is a week from Monday. I have a feeling our first baby items will be purchased next Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becci said...

email me your address for when the baby comes!!

BTW my last Ultrasound will be next Wednesday. AND my cervix was 3.5 for the very first time this week. WIERD. So far it has averaged 2-2.5.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home